The Contour NEXT ONE offers an accurate, feature-packed smart system to help people manage and understand their diabetes.
The Contour NEXT ONE aims to be as simplistic as possible during set-up and blood testing. It is easy to navigate and instructions are straightforward to follow.
The meter can be connected by the Contour Diabetes App to a smart phone. This means that logging blood glucose results is not only easier but allows the user to understand how everyday activities can affect your levels. These results can also be shared with your healthcare professional.
The Contour NEXT ONE retains some of the popular features of the Contour NEXT, including the reapplication of blood to the same test strip.
Smartphone app integration
There are two parts to the Contour NEXT ONE: the meter and the Contour Diabetes App, which connect seamlessly.
Once the app has been downloaded to a smart phone – from either the App Store or Google Play - the meter can be connected and blood glucose results can be automatically synchronised and logged wirelessly via Bluetooth.
Once synchronised, meter readings appear immediately through the App, which includes 90 days’ worth of data featuring trends and averages.
The smart-LIGHT feature
A particularly simple but effective method of showing if your blood glucose levels are in target; the smart-LIGHT feature displays one of three colours after tests:
Additional Contour NEXT ONE features
- Accurate testing – accuracy standards allow meters a deviation of 15%; the Contour NEXT ONE’s standards are 8.4%
- Add events to your readings – diet, activity and medication can be added in the form of photos, notes or voice memos to contextualise your results, helping you make more sense of them
- The Second-Chance system - allows users to apply more blood to the same test strip if the first sample is insufficient, avoiding the need to waste test strips
- Holds up to 800 test results
- Get smartALERT updates to let you know when your levels are critically low or high
- Reports can be shared with healthcare professionals
- Very compact - just 97 mm (L) x 28 mm (W) x 14.9 mm (H).
- Blood sample size: 0.6 microlitres
- Time to result: 5 seconds
- Measurement range: 0.6 - 33.3 mmol/L
- Memory: 800 test results
- Averages: 7, 14, 30 and 90 days
- Battery: 2 three-volt CR2032 or DL2032 coin cell batteries. 225 mAh capacity
- Battery life: Approximately 1,000 tests
- Dimensions: 97 mm (L) x 28 mm (W) x 14.9 mm (H)
- Weight: 36 grams
- Meter life: 5 years